When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender rivets

-

baronvoncatania

Finally riding a big boys bike
How do you keep the fender rivets from rotating when you are tightening the nut on the under side? There no slot in the top of the rivet to hold it in place. Thanks jim

I've seen some that are supplied with "internal teeth" lock washers, might work better than the split type, more chance of grabbing the threads on the rivet:

imagesqtbnANd9GcT0vJs033jamnfteNJDYYXgOF-1.jpg

Washers

Huh, I have a small bag of fender rivets, with nuts but no lock washers. Hopefully I can find some at the hardware store.

Thanks Guys! jim

Hey Guys,
I always get my fender Rivets from Florida Fasteners, and they have the little teeth under the rivet head that locks it in place
so it won't turn when you tighten them. The nut part also has the star washer attached to it. Once installed, they look just like
an original rivet............Wayne

halfatruck

Yes, Florida Fastener rivets are great. Florida fasteners also sells tons of other cool parts very cheap. I bought new hinge pins for my Chevy S-10 doors.
They were a perfect fit and they cost about $4.00 per pair!.........Wayne

Hey Guys,
I always get my fender Rivets from Florida Fasteners, and they have the little teeth under the rivet head that locks it in place
so it won't turn when you tighten them. The nut part also has the star washer attached to it. Once installed, they look just like
an original rivet............Wayne

Do you have a link for the rivets? I looked up florida fastener but I got a couple of sites

Back