When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Overhaul fustration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

baronvoncatania

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've done these overhauls before, not too bad to do. This time I replaced the three sets of ball bearing, and the disk set. I aligned all the disks with a straight edge and for the life of me I could not slide the assembly back into the hub without knocking the disks out of alignment.

Apparently there is a disk alignment tool part# d25 that locks them in place. I don't have one.

How do you all accomplish this job?

Thanks jim

I assemble all the disc line them up with suitable straightedge on the axle: with brake arm already adjusted and locked in place-while locknut on brake side of axle is held by vise.Then with overhead view of discs assuring alignment I orient wheel slots or disc slots at 12 o clock pos. And lower wheel over axle.

It just takes practice. These are the easiest hubs to work on. IMO.

Attachments

• 730773536_o.jpg
    730773536_o.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 148
Ah! that sounds good. I'll try today. I reached the point last night where I had to step away.

Thanks very much.

I assemble all the disc line them up with suitable straightedge on the axle: with brake arm already adjusted and locked in place-while locknut on brake side of axle is held by vise.Then with overhead view of discs assuring alignment I orient wheel slots or disc slots at 12 o clock pos. And lower wheel over axle.

Success!

Success! I put it in a vise, and stood over it as suggested and it work on the second try! My eyes are going.

Thanks for your help

Here's a great tool to have that doesn't cost much, very useful for rebuilding hubs:

c06425e11797939145471b018736ea7ba5cd6f2e-1.jpg

Park Tool AV-1

Back