When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with tail light fix

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
My 59 Western Flyer tail light doesn't work. Just realized why. The metal tab from the right battery end is snapped off. It should be long enough to reach and touch the base of the light bulb. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks!

Attachments

• 100_1821.jpg
    100_1821.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1820.jpg
    100_1820.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_1823.jpg
    100_1823.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the tip Rustjunkie. I should have some brass around here. Get to test my soldering skills too. First I'm gonna soak the unit in evaporust all day. Appreciate the offer too! I'll keep you posted.

Solder should do the trick. If that does not hold you could use a fender washer and a small self-tapping screw . You could peen the washer to make it convexed so the screw does not protrude too far.

Hardware store trip yielded a 1/4" wide brass strip, thin enough to bend, and a very small self tapping screw just in case my soldering job bombs as I suspect it will, lol.

Excellent,good luck with it. My soldering is hit or miss,that is why I mentioned the screw. I have no problem soldering with a torch,soldering irons and I don't always get along.

$1.29 at the hardware store, one slightly burned finger tip, and 3 miller lite's, and the tail light works! Evaporust is a great product. This is the second time I've used it to clean up a light. NOTE: If you have this light and same fix, make sure the solder only goes where it's supposed to, or you'll end up with very hot batteries. And that was BEFORE the miller lite's. lol.

Attachments

• 100_1829.jpg
    100_1829.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 56
Thank you Rustjunkie and Dale Alan for the information and motivation. Soldering is NOT my strong suit, but this time I won.

Back