When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It may seem dopey, but i'm looking to buy old "d" cell batteries?!

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
WANTED TO BUY! Looking for vintage "D" cell batteries, and paying top dollar. If you have any of these or others like them, please write me directly at [email protected], PM me, or ring me at (626) 799-0526 in So. California.

Especially looking for early (1920s - 1945) paper label batteries, but also buying 50s & 60s batteries. Will also buy "C" cells and anything interesting. Will buy one or entire collections.

I have desirable vintage bike parts for trade as well, both pre and post war!

Thanks!!

Justin
Balloonatic O-O

Attachments

• battery display 002.jpg
    battery display 002.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 415
  • D cells from Etsy.jpg
    D cells from Etsy.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 559
  • Hawthorne.JPG
    Hawthorne.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 414
  • Schwinn D cell.jpg
    Schwinn D cell.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 411
  • bats 001.jpg
    bats 001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Not dopey at all - makes for a cool display. Love that Niagara label. Good luck in your search.

Great collection! I may have some early painted Ray-o-vacs that aren't too bad.

battery 1941

Never in my life did I think batteries could last this long. I was just talking a while back to my neighbor who has two batteries that I believe his dad bought back in 1941.
the only reason my nieghbor saved them is because he is a WW2 Vet. and the date on the batteries is 1941. never used, went over there and took a photo.
002.jpg

Thanks for the response guys! Please keep your eyes open for me at bike meets, swaps or yard sales when you're out searching for bicycles. I pay cash and also have good bike parts for trade, both pre and post war.

Nice to know others like them too.. I was always a little embarrassed to show them 'cause I thought people might think it dumb.

Here is a photo of my current display... it's an old Burgess store rack. Oddly, I don't have one Burgess battery, but I'm sure I will soon. These batteries often turn up inside old flashlights, and even inside bike tanks or headlights, so if you see an old flashlight don't be afraid to check inside! Sometimes they leak, and that's OK I buy them anyway, but often they survive intact as you can see.

Attachments

• battery display 001.jpg
    battery display 001.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 364
Holy crap. I love the colors and the graphics. I never really paid attention. Also, they don't take up a whole lot of room. I will keep my eyes open.

Vet nice collection!
I too have a Burgess display rack, but a different style. Does not show them like yours. It's more of a dispenser. I think I've got a few Burgess batteries too. I'll take a closer look and take some pics...as time allows .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back