When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Spitfire Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deedee_14

On Training Wheels
I am attaching a picture of the bike parts I found in my attic recently. I am not sure what year they are or if they are worth anything? So if anyone with more knowledge about this bike can you please take a look at attached picture and help me out!! Thanks!!
IMG_0234.JPG

its worth something to someone, im guessing 60's on the year but if you get the serial # from the left rear drop out you can get the exact year

I am attaching a picture of the bike parts I found in my attic recently. I am not sure what year they are or if they are worth anything? So if anyone with more knowledge about this bike can you please take a look at attached picture and help me out!! Thanks!!

Based on the pedals alone, spect you've got a 1977- 1979 spitfire. Look for serial numbers on the front head post for period the frame was manufactured and on the badge 4 pressed numbers. the top number would be the year, and 3 below that, number of the day during that year. I.E. If the 3 lower numbers were 001 then Jan 1, or if 364/5 then dec 31. Those 4 numbers tell when the bike was assembled If no numbers on the head post, then on the rear dropout 1960's just google in that case; "Schwinn serial numbers" to date it. :

1979_schwinn_spitfirejpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back