When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Assembly Tool

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
In the "Instruction Sheet and Schematics " thread Rustjunkie shows the New Departure assembly tool in post #8 on 3-13 - 2015. These are hard to find and may not be cheap if the seller knows what it is and how handy it is. you can make one up yourself .......
The one in the photo is a 2 and 1/4'' length of copper pipe with an axle cone forced into one end and then soldered . you might be able to just buy a 3/4 inch copper connector if you dont have any pipe laying around. can cheaply make this tool in a few minutes. holds every thing tight together as you slide the whole deal into the hub, and just unscrew.:)
001.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG

I saw one of these tools for sale and the price was 40 bucks. Figured I could make it for about one buck.
Once in a while [ thankfully not more often] my wife comes down in our basement, or the garage and says. " God only knows what you do down here all day, you are always "tinkering " around with something....... what is all this junk anyway?" Tinker pretty well fits the bill. Either that or "JUNKAHOLIC"!
Thanks for the compliments guys.:)

Back