When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weinmann Wheel Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kodyind

Finally riding a big boys bike
I might be looking for 2 Weinmann 27" wheels for a paramount, just the wheels I have the hubs so what do they go for

thanks
jim

Watch E-Bay and see. Like anything for a Paramount to much money. I have seen a pair of Weimanns sell for more than I paid for my 1974 P10-9. Unless you are really into getting everything correct I would just use a modern 27 inch aluminum rim with hook beads that looks right. Sun makes some rims that are nearly identical and are reasonably priced. Roger

Last edited:
I left 27" on my Raleigh last year when a good 700c wheelset came up on Rivendell board. I cold set my rear triangles from 120 to 126, so there's no going back.
I have a great 27" wheelset that may interest you. NOS Rigida 1320 rims, Campy Grand Sport hubs - I probably have $325 in it, including wheelbuilding cost. While the hubs were purchased used (and reported to come from a Paramount), the wheelset has 20 miles on it. (Had them built as duplicate spares 5 years ago, loaded up cross knobbies, and only used them a few times on gravel roads)
The hubs have oil ports for oiling the bearings with Phil Tenacious Oil. I have a very high-mileage set just like it with Zeus Grand Sport hubs that was built in 1978, but I'm talking about the new Very Low Mileage set - contact me if you want to discuss. To brag about the quality and durability of Rigida 1320 rims, my old Zeus/Rigida wheelset has well over 20,000 miles on it.
I have a good shipping box. Could remove or throw in the freewheel.
Regards
aacross003.jpg

Last edited:
Back