When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who ended up with this one?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jkent

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It was misrepresented on Ebay as being a 1953 but with an H serial # and rear facing drop outs, It turns out to be a 1940
Big difference in a postwar 1953 and a prewar 1940 Autocycle.
But the bike was listed as local pickup only or ship through UShip.
with only 6 hours left it only had 4 or 5 bids and was sitting at $140
Then it disappears. Just wondering if someone here was the lucky one to pick it up?
prewar Schwinn.jpg

I think he also had it listed as original paint and never restored. obviously he doesn't know what he has because the bike is missing quite a bit and has also been repainted. But it is a prewar cantilever bike.

I wonder how well the paint would have cleaned up. All the parts he had to find are not that hard to come by.

Ken

Was watching this one as well, salivating about possibly a last minute steal for under $300, bummed when I signed on and it was ended early. Oh well, will most likely be way over priced now anyways. Still gonna watch it though!

Don't feel bad I know one person that was watching it that was going to wait until the auction got closer to the end, that was going to put a $1,000 bid on it just before it ended. Wonder why it was reposted?
JKent

I contacted seller, he said he tried to cancel earlier because of multiple people telling him 53 was wrong year, and he didn't want to misrepresent what he was selling, also mentioned something about having it sold before auction ended, and buyer backed out or something, kind of confusing, but was worried most about getting year wrong, new auction still says the number comes back as a 53 but bid accordingly. I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt about his incorrect listing instead of sitting at $140 with a few hour to go and it wasn't looking like the cash cow he thought it was, but probably would be. Just my opinion. Joe

Back