When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what the year (aprox) of this Girls Typhoon

-

thebikeman

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was told 1959. The blue one in the front. For my Education. How long was this style frame used. I know earlier models had a welded bar in between the two bars. The rear has one red band around it. The front wheel was Chrome. The rear wheel was painted white, With two painted stripes on the wheel.

Thanks

59 typhoon.jpg

Last edited:
That would be a Tornado, which is commonly confused with the Typhoon. But they didn't make a girls Typhoon. The serial number should tell all as far as the year. The Tornados were introduced for the 58 model year and it was produced thru the 61 model year. The boys model was renamed the Typhoon starting with the 62 models. As far as the truss bar between the top and down tube, I've seen the same year and model bikes, 50's, with and without it. For some reason some of the girls Corvettes had it and some didn't. A specific year when they were completely deleted hasn't been really noted but my guess would be no models had that truss bar starting in 1959.

Thank both of you. You have been very helpful. I will take a wild guess on the truss bar on the frame. Left over frames from past years were used up. Some factory may have had some left on the shelf?
Serial number is EA32745 or FA32745. Serial location is on rear drop out. Does anyone have an Idea of what year etc it is.
Thanks Very Much Again.

Last edited:
EA32745 Was recorded on May 13th 1965

FA32745 was recorded on June 10th 1965

This falls under schwinns new numbering system which began in 65 model year -unless I am mistaken , I'm still new to the schwinn world - but something defiantly doesn't add up - maybe chain guard was swapped ? It is the wrong shape for the 1965 model year. It does appear late 50's - And the seat and wheels look huffy to me, I have a 1950's huff zephyr that has bars like that as well ..

Last edited:
Yes. I got a S Schwinn seat blue with it and another Chainguard which is same color blue. You can just barely read Hollywood on it. I think that was the original on the bike. The color is really Metallic blue. Does not look like it in the picture. the Crank Gear looks older. I saw 1969 Crank Gears and they look different than this one in the picture. Thanks

The Hollywood would jive for that year - and the crank and pedals look correct for a mid 60's middleweight

If you look at the top thread or 'sticky' of this section of the forum you will see a link to Schwinn serial numbers. Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for life. V/r Shawn

That is not a 1965 model or a Hollywood. Check out the fork and tube striping and large headbadge. Those markings were not used in the mid 60's. Maybe look at the serial number again, it is a Tornado. Possible E8 or F8 serial indicating a 58?

Last edited:
The serial number he posted comes back to. 65 - I agree too many things off , I would look at that serial number again ........

I'm not an expert - just looked up the numbers based of what be posted

Back