When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 color flow

-

kermit

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_0109.JPG
Found this ladies color flow and I'm new to the balloon tire bicycle. This appears to be complete right down to the tires according to the owner. The seat is not correct. It is in old primer and I'm in hopes it will come off easily...My problem is I don't know what a fair price is .... anyone?? Thanks Dave

Is this the one that has been on craigslist in Florida? I know he was asking $225 & he told me his bottom dollar is $200.

Color Flow

I have four of these Color Flows. The one you have pictured looks like it will need extensive restoration. That bike is worth maximum $200.00 IMO.
Also, it's hard to tell from your picture, but it looks more like a '52 or '53. Below is a picture of my '51 that I fully restored. The 1951 and earlier had the two
vertical sets od truss rods like mine pictured. After '51, they had one long set of truss rods and a smaller one horizontally attached to it. Also, after '51 they didn't have the J.C.Higgins
chrome name plates on the rear rack. Once restored, these are very classy looking bikes.
Good luck with whatever decision you make................Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 259
This is the one in Florida. As mentioned, The seat is incorrect as are the grips.It has been for sale foooooorrrreeevvvvveeeerrr. Make an offer,If it was me selling it-I would be tired of having to keep posting on craigslist...
-Kreep-

This is the one in Florida. As mentioned, The seat is incorrect as are the grips.It has been for sale foooooorrrreeevvvvveeeerrr. Make an offer,If it was me selling it-I would be tired of having to keep posting on craigslist...
-Kreep-

Well I made an offer and he took it.. I'm now an owner of a J C Higgins.. My first balloon tire..I was inspired by Wayne's beautiful green machine.... Now the fun begins Dave

Back