When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 schwinn TALL frame, fork 1938 schwinn fenders, s2 rims, Phantom crankset

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

youngprewarguy

Finally riding a big boys bike
1936 first year for CURVED downtube on Schwinn built bikes,
this is a Tall frame (20" seat mast) so ideal for riders over 5' 8 or so.
Fork is non locking and the truss rods are fabricated non/orig.

Fenders are reasonably straight and Miraculously the bottom mounting tab is strong on the rear fender,
most are broken or cracked. Rear fender will ONLY fit the 20" seat post prewar frames or most ladies models.
Looking these over there appears to have been some minor body work done and a few welded up small reflector holes etc.
High brace position as in 1938 and earlier on the rear.....2 point mounting holes for deluxe reflector are there.
Front fender is drilled for a fender bomb and has a small extra hole that has been brazed/patched.
Rear fender has a crack in the tail that appears to be PAINT only...not through the metal.
A good set to strip and restore or leave as is for a rider. Hard to find matched prewar Autocycle fenders.

1. $270 shipped or 180 for the frame and 90 for the fork/truss rods. Paypal only ships from Michigan.
2. $160 shipped on fenders
3. $45 shipped phantom crankset
4. $80 shipped on painted s2 rims (new departure rear hub, schwinn scripted front hub)

IMAG0582_zpsedbxft06-1.jpg

IMAG0588_zpsap63pfvl-1.jpg

IMAG0587_zps65g85uug-1.jpg

IMAG0583_zpselfptxle-1.jpg

IMAG0581_zpskdjnw7vo-1.jpg

IMAG0577_zpscvzfl2h2-1.jpg

Or if you are interested in the whole project, make me an offer. Rather sell here then on Ebay. Tires and seat post are not included.

Hi,

I am new to restoring bikes so please bear with me. I am re-building a 1953 Phantom and think the cranks and sprocket might work for my project. Is that correct? It appears to be in good condition. Please can I get some closer pics?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back