When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Truss rod frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

johnnybentwrench

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Everyone, Has anyone seen a truss rod frame from schwinn? I saw a truss bar schwinn last night. Darn it I meant to post this in the schwinn forum. John Los Angeles, CA

Last edited:
Maybe a Welterweight?

1954_schwinn_welterweight-1.jpg

Welterwieght

I've heard of it. There's one less than 30 feet from me. It was bought as a frame/fork a couple of years ago, and is slated for a total re-do soon. It is at this stage now, and took a bit of work to get this far (and a bunch of parts!) Neat to ride, and gets a lot of questions too.

REC

Attachments

• 53 J63903 B.jpg
    53 J63903 B.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 232
Wow! I think that was what mine was supposed to look like a long time ago. VERY nice.
Mine had the same fork as this to begin with, but the earlier fork was what I was looking for - and found. If mine had been that nice to begin with, it would still look like that. It wasn't, and it doesn't - but it will soon look like I want it too. I went for the coaster brake look except with 2 speed Bendix automatic laced into a set of S-5 wheels.

Is the brake cable clip on the chain guard still intact? My donor guard was broken and had a hole drilled in it - I presume for a zip tie to hold the cable. The donor guard was replaced with a different one without a clip, and the other one went back to the girls bike from which it came (another project now!) Interesting part was the brakes were not on the welterweight anymore either. Nor was much else other than the cable guide and the seized cable wheel, and the rotted out seat frame.

Back