When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

57 corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
anyone have a pic of a real 57 vette one year only seat?did later 57s come with the 58 seat because of alot of failures i th 57 seat?as always thanks!!!!

Here's one, post #16
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...nt-bike/page2&highlight=schwinn+1957+corvette

More shots of the same bike.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...winn-Corvette&highlight=schwinn+1957+corvette

Another in premo condition. Post #3
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...his-past-week&highlight=schwinn+1957+corvette

The seat shown on these 57's is the same seat found on the 56 models. The 55 and 58 seats were one year only. I explained the details in your thread here.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?54724-55-56-corvette&highlight=schwinn+1956+corvette

Is this what you're looking for? It's my girls 1957 Corvette...

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 111
Spoker...I purchased this from the original owner who got it for Christmas when she was 10. It's 100% original, right down to the tubes.

I have an 18 month old Grand Daughter, and I'm saving it for her. Hopefully she'll appreciate it when she gets older.:D

Spoker...I purchased this from the original owner who got it for Christmas when she was 10. It's 100% original, right down to the tubes.

I have an 18 month old Grand Daughter, and I'm saving it for her. Hopefully she'll appreciate it when she gets older.:D

Well good!, it' about time that poor bike got a good, child "appreciation"! Used and abused or the kid never appreciated it. [grin]

On a side note, that rear brake cable routing on girls bikes only, ya know, take that fender off and kiss that cable housing good bye!.. But did ya know, even into the 1980's when Schwinn did not have a fender such as 10 speeds and the like, to keep it from rubbing, and or when Schwinn made that rear fender smaller which exposed the rear tire, they routed it the same. go figure? Imagine an girls spitfire 5 or cruiser 5 with no fenders, what's happening to that cable.. The only thing on this 1980 10 speed that keeps this rear cable from rubbing is the leading cable stemming off of the forward gear changer, clip that too short or simply, accidently bend it with foot, it rubs and nothing will prevent it unless the cable is replaced or corrected. . That's just weird that Schwinn never solved it, never created a special clip or welded to frame bracket. .

1980 catalog bike
1980_schwinn_varsity_sport_ten_speed_gir-5.jpg

You can't tie it too the frame, seat post bar, because the bar is smaller than the tires, that'll force it into the tire. if not behind cable, extended away from seat post, it rubs. should-a could-a made a special bracket that extends it away from the frame, for 3-speeds, 5 and 10 but, never solved ..

P4020151.jpg

Last edited:
no deal yet,gonna let it sit for awhile and let the ppl figure out my offer was real good,this bike is about the 3rd one ive seen that looks untouched and has no front carrier,the stem nuts and axle nuts have rust on em and have no marks on em from a wrench,some times i see evidence on the front fender but none her,the bike is a 57,has wats lef of that 2 piece non s non rivit cover,i already have a 58 fair lady,thinkin about makin a matching pair,the fair ady had no front carrier but i couldnt tell if there were signs of it being there or not

no deal yet,gonna let it sit for awhile and let the ppl figure out my offer was real good,this bike is about the 3rd one ive seen that looks untouched and has no front carrier,the stem nuts and axle nuts have rust on em and have no marks on em from a wrench,some times i see evidence on the front fender but none her,the bike is a 57,has wats lef of that 2 piece non s non rivit cover,i already have a 58 fair lady,thinkin about makin a matching pair,the fair ady had no front carrier but i couldnt tell if there were signs of it being there or not

If you have a 58 Fair Lady that would be as rare as chickens teeth. ;) I'm betting you have a 59 model, first year for the Fair Lady, with a late 58 serial number.

ill check the number,didnt they stop the girls vette in 57 and make the fairlady 58,9,60?

Back