When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP with Bike Hauling

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Today, I left to go get lunch. I have two of my bikes in the back of my truck. I just bought it this February. I set the two bikes in with one bike leaning on each side of the bed, the bars hanging over just a tad. When I checked the bikes, I had to adjust one of them and noticed the seat pan jumped over the edge of the truck bed and put an ugly scratch in my paint, right on the top were my bed cover usually goes. It took it to bare metal. I'm taking it into the Nissan dealer in the morning to have that fixed ASAP.

I have seen people at shows haul bikes in all kinds of ways. My favorite one was at MLC last August. A guy pulled in while I and another CABE member looked on. The guy backing in had a Colorflow, a Huffman, a gorgeous Spaceliner, and some other bike standing upright in his truck bed. He had some kind of a special bike rack in the front of the bed and they all were tied down.

How could I copy that? Does anyone here know what I am talking about? PLEASE help me out here!!!

P.S.
Some of you may think I'm being OCD...but I got rid of my old 2002 Ford Taurus due to rust issues and I worked very hard to get the truck I have always needed and wanted. It's a 2003 Nissan Frontier and had 108,000 and was immaculate. Beautiful Fire Engine Red, single cab. So when I found this nasty gouge on my bed...yes I am going to be upset.

Last edited:
if you have some scrap wood(2x4's) and some metal conduit, you could make your own.

That's what I use. It works pretty well.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Back