When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rep0p or original?

-

morton

I live for the CABE
Is this one of the repops from about 10 years ago? Looks like it to me but I wouldn't know how to tell original from repop, how say you?

It's listed as 100% original 1949 Columbia Superb 5 star. Only photo in ad.

00808_9ZKws7VJ7zd_600x450.jpg

00808_9ZKws7VJ7zd_600x450.jpg

Great looking original Columbia. Paint looks to be in really nice condition. Looks all correct from what i can see. Id say its a good $500+ bike.

Fairly uncommon color as well, from what I've (not) seen- I've been searching for a chainguard in that color for several years w/ no luck. Nice bike.

Got it!!!!!!!!

Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Fantastic original condition. Full report coming soon including photos.......right now we're expecting high winds, damaging hail, etc. so we're battening down the hatches.

Nice Columbia

Got this on Sunday and finally had a chance to take a few photos. Probably the most original and complete older bike I have ever purchased. Seller said he purchased it from the original owner years ago.

Lots of patina but I’m not really into patina and paint looks like it will clean up nicely with a little polish/wax. Naturally all the bearings will get serviced.

Battery compartments have some corrosion but light/horn work.

Belnord tires look amazingly fresh so I wonder if they were ordinal equipment?

Only down side so far is the seat….disintegrates if you touch it, and mis-matched pedals. I don’t know which one is correct.

All and all, I’m happy with the purchase and it will make a great winter project.

1rs.jpg

1rearwholea.jpg

1rsrear.jpg

1light.jpg

1 hb.jpg

1rstank.jpg

Back