When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20" Westfield

-

MTGeorge

Finally riding a big boys bike
I found this Westfield hiding in a basement. At first I thought it was original paint, but I am now thinking it might be a well done repaint. It has a ND coaster and Carlisle tires. Anybody know what year it is or what the chain guard should look like? It could be for sale if somebody "NEEDS" it, otherwise I think I will hang onto it until my son is big enough to ride it.

IMG_20150418_160018198_zpshfgokjgq-1.jpg

IMG_20150418_160058768_zpsu4vvrcki-1.jpg

Looks like a repaint, although a nice one. I'd leave it as is, just clean, regrease everything and ride it. Personally I'd hang on to it until your boy can ride it. My 9 year old loves riding his 20" cruiser with me. They grow so fast, this year he'll be riding a 24" tank cruiser that I'm fixing up. Thought I'd have more time but he's tall enough now.

Here's a pic of the most common style chainguard found on most 20" Westfield bikes in the fifties. You can date your bike from the serial number if you want to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 122
Back