When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

196? Dragster 3

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

big vic

On Training Wheels
Hi IM the new guy I just bought this and want to restore it I need some dos and donts so i dont ruin the value if any the paint is very nice but the chrome is very rusty i think its all original
20150416_174337.jpg

Clean it to within an inch of it's life, enjoy it, then let the next guy spend all the money on it.

Last edited:
The chrome really doesn't look all that bad to me, and you'd probably be able to have it gleaming again in pretty short order with any number of solutions.
Here's a current thread on how one person has dealt with rust.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...clean-rust-off-and-polish-chrome-Final-answer
Often times I'll use 0000 steel wool with WD40 with good results, although some will balk at this.
Also highly recommended is "Oxalic Acid", do a search on this site for it. There is much written on the subject.

Steel wool and WD40 works well.The chrome looks like it may clean up well.The paint can be brought back to life with many items that work on cars.

thanks for the advice Im gonna start small with a fender and see how it goes the paint should shine up real good
20150416_174438.jpg

Would really like to see how this bike cleans up. Please post photos in process or when done.

Back