When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer w/ Jet Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Doing some digging locally to make up for not being able to make it out to Copake this weekend.
Found a couple cool bikes, sold a couple locally and tomorrow I think I'll have a whack at some really good looking TOC / early 20th stuff so I'm not dwelling on missing out again.

Anyway, came across this old Western Flyer that seems to be an original rider that was ridden hard and put up wet...
A pretty good dent in the frame on the downtube as shown, a couple dents on the left side of the tank but it could be improved upon I think.

Sadly I'll probably part it down since there is such a hefty dent in the frame.

Attachments

• DSCN3717.jpg
    DSCN3717.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN3716.jpg
    DSCN3716.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN3720.jpg
    DSCN3720.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN3721.jpg
    DSCN3721.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 134
A dent like that is no problem on a gas pipe frame like this one- break out the Bondo and proceed. Neat tank graphics!

Yeaaa, the tubing is certainly strong, almost to a fault given the weight of the machine. Seems like if I'm not endeavoring to repaint though bondo would just be pink and ugly with no benefit.
I'll ruminate on this one a while but I do wager that there is a finer example than this one, sans many years of rust, missing this "fly" tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks original to me, I picked up one a few years ago from a guy who was going to scrap it, and it's missing a few bits.

20120506_174000_Android.jpg

I did bondo a hefty dent like that on a 39 Monark top bar and it turned out nice and held up well. Since that frame appears black, it should be easy to repaint and distress it a bit. That bike is a nice survivor ,
I had a 24 inch one with that same tank.:)

Back