When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Schwinn Cruiser 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm mainly into prewar bikes but couldn't pass up this estate find. Bike appears all original right down to the U.S.A. made Schwinn studded balloon tires. Has a rear drum brake, double knurled (although faintly stamped) rims with heavy duty spokes, front brake pads have almost no wear. Very few marks on bike, it looks like it was barely ridden. Came out of original owners basement. A little dusty, got home just before dark so will post better pics tomorrow.

Has a Feb 80 serial #. I believe the badge has a date from March 4,1980. Front hub is stamped ACS 03 80.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 720
Dang, that's NICE!

Ya, got everything else too; Tiers, fenders, rear rack, reflector, generator rear and head light, Geez. That's a real money bike.

A lot of options on it. Someone even thought to put a better seat on it. I had one for years, they are good riders.

A lot of options on it. Someone even thought to put a better seat on it. I had one for years, they are good riders.

I've got an '84 Cruiser 5 and like the way it rides as well. When Bikeyard mentions "A lot of options on it" does that include the fenders? Mine had fenders on it as well and I was told that the fenders were not part of the base bike. The '80 Schwinn catalog shows this bike without fenders as well. Just curious.

Ed

I've got an '84 Cruiser 5 and like the way it rides as well. When Bikeyard mentions "A lot of options on it" does that include the fenders? Mine had fenders on it as well and I was told that the fenders were not part of the base bike. The '80 Schwinn catalog shows this bike without fenders as well. Just curious.

Ed

That's the Deluxe seat. And far as fenders go, yeah, none in catalogs, but, take your fenders off and hit some water on the road for the 'brown striped shirt syndrome.' experience.

I'd prefer fenders myself and have been wondering just exactly which ones they are. Could be a ton of confusion regarding the very same exact fenders cause pacific cycles made/makes balloon fenders too.

1980 cruiser 5 and atom drum brakes aint in catalogs too.

Last edited:
More pictures before cleaning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 450
When Bikeyard mentions "A lot of options on it" does that include the fenders? Mine had fenders on it as well and I was told that the fenders were not part of the base bike. The '80 Schwinn catalog shows this bike without fenders as well.

The fenders, rack and headlight were dealer installed or aftermarket accessories, and did not come on the bike in the box from Schwinn.

Back