When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Trade with Hoofhearted only... Free delivery to Memory Lane

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chitown

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Patric,

I have a patch of midwestern moss that is soon to be out of a home. The garage to it's south is soon to be no more. The moss will not likely survive the oncoming destruction of it's protective neighbor (the garage).

Open for any interesting trades.

Also if interested, let me know the preferred method of transport. I was thinking sterile bins or seal-able plastic bags with an appropriate amount of water to traverse the Illinois-Ohio journey. I plan on keeping a few small patches (about 2 sq ft) for some bonsai I'm training if that is all right.

Regards,

Chris

email: [email protected]

Moss_4_Sale.jpg

Last edited:
You may want to list this on C.L. free section.

Hell NO! I'd probably get some hipster/chef wanting to use them for dinner service intermezzo at the latest local moss themed restaurant. No, this patch of moss is going to a true collector. Not some wannabe foodie moss milkshake shack.

Last edited:
Go green:confused:

Attachments

• b697c7ce8cfba25643b58e1bc750cc9a.jpg
    b697c7ce8cfba25643b58e1bc750cc9a.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 208
Patric,

I have a patch of midwestern moss that is soon to be out of a home.

Open for any interesting trades.

Also if interested, let me know the preferred method of transport. I was thinking sterile bins or seal-able plastic bags with an appropriate amount of water to traverse the Illinois-Ohio journey. I plan on keeping a few small patches (about 2 sq ft) for some bonsai I'm training if that is all right.

Chris

Oh Yeah, I'm interested. How the heck did you know I collect moss ?

No matter ... here's what I have for trade .. choose one at MLC Swap ...

Number 1 ... A celebratory, bronze medallion featuring the State of Ohio and the Wright Brothers.

Number 2 ... A new, old-stock Spirit of St. Louis poker chip.

Number 3 ... A new, old-stock red lens fitting one of those seldom-seen, 1930's, E.A. Laboratories
rear fender lamps that is designed to sit atop the rear fender of a bicycle. The lamp is the very Art-
Deco, Flash Gordon variety. Words fail me, here .....

(Could not find a foto of this lamp .. cannot take a foto of the lens right now.)

See you in Ohio, Chris ....

Many Thanks .......

.............. patric

Post script .... transport a select, plump-unit of moss, please -- whip it in a zip-lock sammich bag.
Please be so kind as to add a small amount of water ... not so much to sog-out the specimen, tho.

Also ... if you are training your bonsai with copper wire - take heed ..... water passing over copper
will kill any moss it contacts.

Was once asked to leave an International Bonsai-Society Event in Kobe, Japan for placing wheat-
pennies in the ground-moss of specimens I liked. Evidently, kidding-around is frowned-upon in
some cultures.

ohio 01.jpg
ohio 02.jpg

spirit louis.png

delivery to memory lane

thanks for putting this on i like!!! see you at memory lane hoofhearted from bicycle larry

Chris (CABE Member chitown) ... moss update ... that Chicago-area moss that was
involved in a trade at MLC late April - doing very-well in a shadowed, but with
reflected-light new home, in Fairborn, OH.

Not stabilized yet - but on it's way.

Thank YOU - Chris.

The only shady part of this story happened on Friday when the Grand Rapid's, OH
weather turned sunny and too warm to store the moss in my locked car.

Had to place the rather-large, gallon-size zip-lock bag containing the moss in a shaded
corner of Scott Mc's large, bicycle trailer.

Things were goin' swell, socially ... when some sodbuster peeped the moss in the trailer
and said, ''Phew ... I don't wanna have nothin' ta do wit' that ..... "

Fellow said ''it'' right to me .... told him it was moss from Chicago. Also told him there
are many unusual things to see on the planet if we knew where to look.

Asked him if he ever heard of smoking salmon ?

Man said he tried it once, but couldn't get the lips lit.

......... patric

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back