When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman? Spitfire? What is it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

falcondave

Look Ma, No Hands!
Has cool Spitfire badge with radial engine.Thought Spitfire name was Schwinn only but frame and sprocket look Huffman.Has New Departure black out hubs.What do you think it is? thanks!
DSCN0240.jpg
DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

that is an early postwar Huffman made bike, and that is a Schwinn badge, it's anybodies guess when and how they met.

pretty sure it was a Schwinn exclusive. the badge hole spacing is the same on Huffman and Schwinn, I had a DX with a Huffy badge on it to tease the Schwinn guys.
here's a Schwinn Spitfire that goes on the Cyclone Coaster rides most months:

P6141146_zpsbgiqayjn-1.jpg

P6141149_zpsbcfuxmsy-1.jpg

P6141147_zpsqmbdon5g-1.jpg

P6141148_zpss8a9wa6j-1.jpg

I think we have a larger issue here!! Here is a picture of a bike I picked up a few years ago. My bike as well had blackout accessories. I was told it was a franken-bike, which I agree, but it also appears to be a Huffman frame dressed with Schwinn accessories. Huffman date coded as 1944. Now that I see a second one like this it makes me scratch my head, as to what the heck is going on???

huff.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg

huff.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

The first badge looks etched and has dimension, the one on the Schwinn is flat...different versions maybe indicating different times.

Back