When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct headbadge for a '52 DX???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently cobbled together an old (1952) DX project out of some spare parts I wasn't currently using.

It's nothing fancy, and by no means a 'correct' restoration. It's just something fun to beat around town on.

I would like to find a headbadge for this bike. It appears that the headbadge hole spacing (measured from center of one hole to the center of the other) is 2 3/16". It seems like most things I've read suggest that most badges are 2 1/4" or 2 1/8" spacing which would be either slightly bigger or smaller than I'm measuring. That tells me I'm not measuring the same way these other people are. I was thinking that the 'Planes and trains' headbadge might be correct but from what I read it sounds like the spacing is 2 1/4".

Anyone know what would be correct for this bike?

Thanks.

fa42d0d1c0c1698ec08b2656aec12c7a_zpsxelp-1.jpg

I recently cobbled together an old (1952) DX project out of some spare parts I wasn't currently using.

It's nothing fancy, and by no means a 'correct' restoration. It's just something fun to beat around town on.

I would like to find a headbadge for this bike. It appears that the headbadge hole spacing (measured from center of one hole to the center of the other) is 2 3/16". ]

I get 2 3/16" center hole to center on the B.F. Goodrich, Shield (red) found on Schwinns badge too.

attachment.jpg

Back