When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Relics Yosemite National Park ride

-

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Rolling Relics Yosemite National Park ride.This is the 2nd annual and has absolutely epic views. The path is an all flat loop of the valley floor. The date is Saturday May 16th. Meet up in front of Yosemite Lodge which is a hotel INSIDE the park at 10am. The hotel we are going to stay at is called Yosemite VIEW Lodge and is about 15 mins outside the park in El Portal. I know its a little confusing why the two hotels are similar in name. This will be an all vintage only bike ride. About 45-50 people are coming. About 15 from the Cyclone Coaster group, the whole Broken Spokes club from Alameda will be there, possibly some from the Skid Kings club all the way from Tacoma Washington as well. After the ride we bbq in the park and food and drinks will be supplied for $10 per person. Please chime in here if you are coming, what type of soda and beer you prefer, and if you are bringing your significant other as well so we make sure we have an accurate headcount and enough food. Thanks gang. See you all in Yosemite!!

IMG_15674622871057.jpeg
IMG_18244269465116.jpeg
IMG_34042465085383.jpeg

THIS IS OUR MEETING SPOT. If you see this hotel, you're in the right spot. And just a few more shots to give you an idea of what you will be seeing, or missing.

Screenshot_2015-04-21-07-03-52.jpg
IMG_226036142139495.jpeg
IMG_15644540046350.jpeg

One thing that everyone should keep in mind, is that for the other tourists that are visiting the park on the day we ride, this may be a life long dream for them. So, we should not disrupt their experience as best we can.
People go to a place like that to enjoy the granduer of nature, so a bunch of antique bike riding rockabillies blasting the oldies, can be pretty obnoxious. Just sayin.
The cool old bikes always attract positive attention, and can be an added bonus to the beauty of the valley, but if the Rangers don't see it that way, this annual gathering could end up being pretty short lived.
Something to keep in mind.

Well put Marty. Im trying to keep this ride small since we all know how tight the paths were. I only posted this for two reasons, one, most Cabers are not in California, two, most of you from L.A. that are coming are either not on facebook, i don't have your phone number, and you all need this info. So....this is my only way to reach out to those who will be wondering....

The rockabilly people are kool. I'll make sure they don't play any 50's music. I fully understand the whole park feel, hence the fact a bunch of our "usual riders" with custom bikes and choppers were not invited. Its not a party, its a beautiful, romantic ride through mother nature's playground.

Back