When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bendix 70 Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Artifex

Look Ma, No Hands!
My 1976 Lil Chik has a Bendix 70 322 Mexico rear hub that seems frozen. It back pedals, but is very. very sluggish pedaling forward. :( Before I just dive in and disassemble, clean, grease and hope for the best, any advice?

The bendix Mexico hub is pretty simple.it sounds like you have some hardened grease in there.pull it apart and degrease everything and assemble with fresh grease.i can't send the bendix hub page from my phone,but you can look it up on the web.

Clean, grease, and go!

My 1976 Lil Chik has a Bendix 70 322 Mexico rear hub that seems frozen. It back pedals, but is very. very sluggish pedaling forward. :( Before I just dive in and disassemble, clean, grease and hope for the best, any advice?

I personally prefer the Bendix over most others. No need to hope for the best because they are simple and easy to service and they work well.

I think this diagram would be the same or very similar as the 70.
bndxcbhz.jpg

Last edited:
That's a fine diagram.the only difference I can think of is an earlier model hub has 2 brake shoes and later(bendix 76?) has 4 brake shoes.

That's a fine diagram.the only difference I can think of is an earlier model hub has 2 brake shoes and later(bendix 76?) has 4 brake shoes.

The diagram might seem confusing to some but, the bendix has got to be theee most simplest hub to disassemble and reassemble out there..

And, I just recently had a sticky, dried up 76 to clean out and it had only 2 shoes. a little dosing with my cheap can of brake cleaner, (although gas soaking or most any solvent will do) lube, reassemble and go. The only difference I noticed was, it looks like they used even less chrome on the arm than ever.

Last edited:
Back