When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolex for a Bluebird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redman007

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was contemplating trading my 2011 Rolex Submariner$8500 for a nice BB.

I got the watch as a present to myself for surviving my last deployment, which I had the privilege of going on over 275 tactical combat missions.

So the question is, what are your thoughts? A trade of two top shelf luxury items. Kinda fun thinking about it.
I know the condition is everything regarding the watch and the BB (mines in excellent).

Note: I have not located any potential BB yet, just wanted to get yall's initial thoughts.

I'd say the retail values are about right but finding someone with a bluebird who wants a Rolex that bad is going to be tough. Rolex's are so easy to find when you want one http://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Submari...TF8&qid=1430052612&sr=1-1&keywords=submariner . I'd say sell the Rolex an post a WTB thread waving your $8500 as a sign that you are serious and see what kind of offers you get. I've been in the hobby about 6 years and I've seen a few opportunities to buy relatively complete bikes come along for the kind of money your offering. This is the one is most burned into my memory http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?28595-1936-Elgin-BLUEBIRD-For-SALE&highlight=bluebird . I could have emptied my savings and sold a few things and bought it but I didn't.

I can’t help you with the Bluebird, but I want to Thank You For Your Service!!!!!
Good luck in your search.

Redman,
There may be other watches identical to yours, but the one you own is one of a kind. You earned it the hard way. You lived to wear it. Keep the watch.

Well first of all, thank you for fighting and protecting our country and other countries. Second, my mother always told me to do what your heart desires, (positive way.) And third, you technically should not wear or have a $8000 dollar Rolex on you. By all means you can do what you like. Here is a scene from Pulp Fiction where and a sentimental or expensive watch is involved. Bruce Willis accidently left his sentimental watch at safe-house after winning the boxing match he was supposed to lose and had to go back to get it. He ran into two guys with machine guns and then ran into the big boss that he ripped off and then ended up in a pawn shop dressed in sheeps clothing and little does he know, its bring out he gimp time! After seeing that movie and that scene, I honestly dont wear a watch anymore.

Is there any agreed on estimate for how many 35-37 bluebirds are out there. I know they are not the rarest of the rare but I'm guessing there are less than 100 in circulation. That's just a wild guess based on how many I've seen since I got into the hobby.

Luv the Bluebird, but I say keep the Sub. :cool:

DSC_2962-1.jpg

Well first of all, thank you for fighting and protecting our country and other countries. Second, my mother always told me to do what your heart desires, (positive way.) And third, you technically should not wear or have a $8000 dollar Rolex on

???? Not sure why a person should not have a Rolex? Beautiful watches especially if you earned it.

Back