When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with info on multi speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pantmaker

I live for the CABE
Is this old bicycle anything special? Any ideas or thoughts on value? Is that the serial number and could it really be number 1?
tmp_IMG_20150426_103349343276522814.jpg
tmp_IMG9520150426951034087461568646168.jpg
tmp_IMG9520150426951034480181409178150.jpg

curious mod with the V-brakes (they're very similar to Paul Motolites, but not exact, and probably something from the 90s). That bike is all road bike, noted by the long trail (small front offset) fork. You usually find sidepulls on a road bike and cantis or V-brakes go on your mountain bike, or your touring/rando/load-hauler with a short-trail fork. Somebody went to the trouble to braze the canti studs on the frame and fork for that mod (did not improve its value). Maybe they used it for cross racing?
We could probably tell you more about the frame with photos of the lugs, fork, dropouts, measurement of rear dropout spacing. The crankset is Strada era (Campy or clone), also consistent with the drilling (70s), as is the Nuovo Record derailleur - early bike boom.
Brake levers are also 90s. I mix components on bikes, too.
Nothing you have there is terribly collectible, but might build into a rideable (Franken)bike

Last edited:
you're welcome. I can't help with the cool old balloon tire bikes on this forum, though my first bike was a '62 Sears Flightliner, and my second was a '69 Rail - wish I still had them, my dad sold them both
but I pedaled through the bike boom...

Last edited:
again Vince, this is sounding like an uninvite.
as long as we're repeating:
Do you believe bike boom sport-touring and road bikes are off-topic for this forum?

??? I am on both forums.I ride a road bike and Bike Forums is all about road bikes.Some extremely knowledgeable road bike guys there.

Kool,wasnt trying to be snarky just thought he would get good response there.

Back