When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saginaw PowerBike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cheezer

Finally riding a big boys bike
I got this Saginaw Power Bike yesterday, sort of an odd duck, but kinda cool also. The guy i got it from said it ran when his uncle removed it, i guess i'll find out for sure here in the next few weeks, looks mostly complete, and i think it's a Huffman that it's mounted to, badge say's Lightning Flyer? Just thought i would post it, see what you thought?
002.jpg
003.jpg
007.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

Those PowerBikes will never win any beauty contests, but I've got a soft spot in my heart for them from all those old Boys Life magazine ads with things to motorize your bike. gtflyte, another member on this site has a couple of them.

I remember Boys Life magazine.Did you have to be a scout to get it??

Yes, you had to be a Boy Scout at least until you came to the realization that the scoutmaster was a real jerk.

You are such a bitter person.I was a Cub Scout and remember getting the magazine in the mail.I liked the joke page.

I have the belt guard also, the motor and tank were in a box, i just set it on the frame to get a feel for how it goes together. No kickstart though, thats what the rope wrapped around the handlebars is for, i was told.

There are photos of a restored one on the Ann Arbor Show's website under show winners. Maybe two or three years ago. PK

Back