When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery stingray-type bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

VETTE2008

On Training Wheels
In 1963 or 64 my mother bought me a 20" bicycle that was a clone of a Schwinn Stingray. I have in my mind(50 yrs!) that it was a Dunelt or Raleigh. The closest thing I can find is a Raleight Rodeo, but it doesn't look the same as the one I had. Mine had the standard "banana seat" and high handlebars. I would really appreciate help with a new direction to go in, since I have been searching for some time--THX, John

In the 1963 and 64, muscle bikes were pretty basic. Unless it came with a stick shift, they all look the same. 20" wheels, cantilever frame, standard banana seat, same high rise bars made by WALD, etc.

Unless you have a picture somewhere, any thing we guess at is going to be a shot in the dark.

In 1963 or 64 my mother bought me a 20" bicycle that was a clone of a Schwinn Stingray. I have in my mind(50 yrs!) that it was a Dunelt or Raleigh. The closest thing I can find is a Raleight Rodeo, but it doesn't look the same as the one I had. Mine had the standard "banana seat" and high handlebars. I would really appreciate help with a new direction to go in, since I have been searching for some time--THX, John

maybe this will jog your memory; 1964 Murray Wildcat.

1964wildcatteenageragePjpg-1.jpg

Murray Wildcat, Western Flyer Wildcat, Huffy Dragster, Monark Dragster, Firestone GTO, Belknap Bluegrass T-Bird and Mustang, all are good examples of early muscle bikes.

Back