When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Chaintread Tires in 700C

-

gtdohn

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Does anyone know if there is a 700C chain tread clincher tire (like US Royal) being reproduced. If not, does anyone know where we could collectively go to make a request for some. They would be a hot seller.

Last edited:
I have an idea of who might be up to such a task...;)

Be nice to have some decently priced chain tread singletubes for all those clad wheels we have floating around.

700C chain tread clinchers would be as valuable because they can be used on Velocity rims and Noah Stutzman clincher rims too.

Okay, now we're just getting greedy!.. but yes.. that would be a happy purchase to make.

Well then, quick, somebody sell him a really cool 28" bike and he will soon see the very real need for these tires :)

Does anybody have any constructive ideas or know of someone in the business that might be willing to take this on?
This is such a natural, I can't believe it hasn't been done yet. The chain tread were the most popular tire going back then. It would be nice to see button tread as well.
I do realize there is a lot to making something like this from scratch, but I also truly believe it would be a major money maker.

The problem with making a 700c chain tread is making the prototype. Im sure that won't be very easy and extremely time consuming. Now reproducing the singletube 28" chain treads would be extremely beneficial to a lot of us. I have 5 bikes that need them. Hence the fact they sit here. No tires. Or id be riding them.

The 700c tire and wheel combo is a great alternative but very pricey. It all adds up to $600 plus...... vintage hubs replated, new spokes or NOS, hoops either nickel plated or woodgrained, and tires.

Back