When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEST QUOTE OF THE DAY! "...according to 'American Pickers'......."

-

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I sincerely believe that our society is breaking down completely.
Most Craigslist posts I view regarding Antique/ Vintage bicycle content are completely bogus or untruthful....
so rare to find a post that prices the item right, and/or explains the item accurately.

This one is a MUST SEE!

".....................according to American Pickers!"

http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/5001888744.html

That show has ruined it for us in many ways. People I've bought bikes from would say things like; do you watch American pickers? Or those pickers find some great deals. I get a little sick of it.

I agree that the show has ruined this hobby in many ways but you can really blame the show. You just can't fix stupid!
And it's stupid people just like that, I'm talking about.
The show glorifies every thing that goes on. And the average person that has never done anything like that, doesn't have a clue.
They think every bicycle they see is the same as the one on the show.
And it's not just bicycles it's any antique. I have seen it through out the antique market. Just about every time I go pick'n I hear something like " So your just like those picker guy's on T.V." or " I seen those picker guy's on T.V. buy one just like that and paid _________" Some astonomical price.
It makes me sick to my stomach.
JKent

It's Hollywood. They are each paid $10,000+ per episode, so their incentive to make deals is all for SHOW. Their's a whole crew staging "sites" for them to go to and make the show interesting. Most Antique Dealers I know tell you they are amateurs, they pass up a lot of good stuff and they aren't very good at bargaining.
my .02

*facepalm* Pickers ruining bicycle collecting is like saying Gilligan's Island killed Hawaiian tourism.

If anything at it cut down on the amount of antique and classic bicycles being scrapped or thrown out in a garden.

Back