When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Removing Early Czech Zbrojovka Brno Bicycle Crank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

thisoldbike

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello sportsfans. I have a 1920s Zbrojovka Brno bike that I am going to restore. I've removed one side of the crank but cannot figure out how to remove the other side. The side with the sprocket came off with a gentle tap of the hammer. No luck on the other side. Hope someone on the forum can assist. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 147
Righty Tighty, Lefty loosey doesn't work with left-handed screws

Ah okay. So if I've got this right, hold the one side with a crescent wrench and tap the crank arm clockwise?

Okay ... tried that and she don't budge. Looking down the barrel of the crank there appears to be a square bold matching the other side but can't be 100% sure.

It looks like it is a square taper. Will a modern crank puller fit the threads on the remaining side? Try to find one of the old tools with TA and standard threads. If not, try a small 3 jaw puller on the on the crank. If it is stubborn some lube and heat can't hurt. Let Saint Sheldon be your guide:
http://sheldonbrown.com/tooltips/cotterless.html

Threads should be standard on the non-drive side. IF you can get a good grip on that dust cap you may be able to force the crank out enough to either pop it off ot get the puller jaws in there. Very cool bike, buy the way!

Back