When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Operation Flying Ace

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
At the latest Cyclone Coaster Swap Meet Marty Donated this Flying Ace to the Southern California Huffman Rescue.
my hope is to get it running for the Yosemite ride.

here's how it came:

IMG_1818sm_zps3itgiywn-1.jpg

Here's one day into the project:

P5052141_zpsqraz9weq-1.jpg

P5052144_zpsyxeajtew-1.jpg

Looks great Scott. That guard looks like it was meant to be on there with the raised ribs like the tank. I would just add fenders and call it done.

I'm thinking that as I get closer to painting the Super Streamline I'll put all of the cool but incorrect parts that are on it onto this one. I already moved the handlebar and chain guard.
you're right Chris, the guard looks like it's always been there. I have no plans to clean it much or paint anything. I'll probably put the fenders off of the Super Streamline on it and try to find another set to paint. since it's airplane themed I may put a propeller on it. anyway, here are the fenders on the streamline. I may move them over tonight. it's a sad statement of just how much crap I still have that I can go out back and scrounge up all of the parts to build a bike from a frame and fork!

IMG_1662sm_zpsjd1oruy0-1.jpg

After being stripped, kicked around and beaten, then thrown in and out of the back of couple of different vans, this bike was used and abused, and treated like garbage.
Scott, you have given salvation and dignity to this poor unloved carcass.
Now the Flying Ace will soar again. You have done a noble thing. Three cheers! to the California Huffman Rescue Society.

Thanks Marty. the Huffman Rescue thing was kind of a joke but has proven itself to be too true.
no photos yesterday or today. I've been cleaning hub and bottom bracket parts. today I'll be building wheels.
so, until tomorrow...

Back