When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cyclone Cord Tires

-

schwinnderella

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Couple of pictures of Schwinn Cyclone Cord brick tread tires. I have not seen these very often, too bad these are toast.

schwinn cyclone cord tires (2).JPG

schwinn cyclone cord tires (3).jpg

schwinn cyclone cord tires (4).jpg

schwinn cyclone cord tires (6).jpg

The old Schwinn Museum used to have a couple of those tires in their Tire Rack display. Always flipped out on those. Guess Schwinn thought Typhoon was a better call than Cyclone. Typhoons came out in 1941, these must be 1940? What year bike did you find them on?

Wes that's a great bit of info. I have no idea if its that bike. I always thought monsoons came on all of the ballooner jags.

wes that's a great bit of info. I have no idea if its that bike. I always thought monsoons came on all of the ballooner jags.
The Jaguar i saw was the first year model (1953?) and was an unusual color
like a dusty metallic rose. I do not know if the Monsoon tire was on any other
bike. I never saw another monsoon tire like that again. I was interested in that
bike when Schwinn went bankrupt, but have no idea what happened to it.

Schwinn also had the hurricane tires used on town and country tandems and welterweights.26x1.50 size.

Schwinn Hurricane tires are actually a 26 x 1 1/2 (584 iso) S-4
26 x 1.50 is a 559 iso. S-2 diameter.
The use of a fraction or a decimal makes a difference in this case.

Back