When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next Monrovia Vintage Bike Ride Saturday May 23rd!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
It's that time again: Inflate those tires and tighten those nuts & bolts for the next Monrovia Vintage Bike Ride.
Saturday May 23rd at Velocipedist in Old Town Monrovia, Ca 107 Myrtle 91016.
~8am: Meet & greet at the shop to yap and kick tires.
9am: head out for a leisurely ride around beautiful Monrovia at the foot of the gorgeous San Gabriel mountains.
Family friendly, all types of bicycles are welcome, bikes to lend.
Participation is increasing, so we'll have a route planned.
PM me with questions for suggestions, thanks :cool:

CAM00195_zpsoksgcjcq-1.jpg

This will be my first one. I live in Monrovia and found out about this from Mike.... Thanks !

Are we diong the rides on the 4th saturday of the month now? I thought it was the 3rd saturday of the month.

It's usually the 3rd, but several locals will be up in Yosemite for the Rolling Relics Ride the 16th.

Are we diong the rides on the 4th saturday of the month now? I thought it was the 3rd saturday of the month.

There were some conflicts this month but we'll be back on track for June.
I think some folks will be meeting up this Sat too if you're down. Same time, same place, coffee on me :cool:

What to ride?

um... yay! Local yocal here.... I will finally make this ride, I've been wanting to meet and ride with the local Gabrielinos for a while. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Is there a theme like "bring ur rusty Elgin" or something? Which bike to ride? My Colson tandem is ready to roll... or I could take the newest addition (about 2 weeks ago now) to my stable? I won't say what it is, but it's about as seminal and iconic as it gets for balloon tire and I can't stop looking at it. Unlike the majority of my bikes, it's restored, but it was done extremely well about 25 years ago or more... looks like it was done yesterday though. Any votes, not knowing what the other bike is? I sort of answered my own question here, didn't I.

Mike sorry to miss you but I will take pix I promise and will be sure to make June if possible.

Last edited:
Back