When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Aero" Tail Light Pod

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Duchess

Wore out three sets of tires already!
While I was screwing around with the new 12V LED tail light I'm integrating into the fender of my "USAAF" bike (to match the 12V LED motorcycle headlight), I noticed that the entire setup with the li-ion battery pack fit quite easily into this Sparkling ICE bottle. It's a 50mm trailer light and a 12V 1800 AHr battery pack. One could easily mount a simple metal L bracket to hold the tail light in place and bolt the unit on top of a fender like I see some of the headlight units of some of these ballooners. The screw cap could be cut off with a knife and a rubber plug/grommet used to fill the hole to use for the battery charging plug. If you painted it on the inside, you wouldn't even have to worry about scratching the paint (though it could be beat up pretty easy as it's thin plastic, though cutting down some of its length would make it stronger). For a quick ghetto solution for a custom bike, it might not be bad ... just not for me.

IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG

Last edited:
interesting ! you could use a aluminum water bottle and also fit the charge wire and light switch in the cap

Back