When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Schwinn Corvette

-

Luchotocado

Finally riding a big boys bike
They are selling this Corvette at a thrift store near me. I checked it out today and it has original everything except for the head badge and rear reflector from what I can tell. It costs 125. Is it a good buy?
00j0j_iOawIyiAHDy_600x450.jpg

I would say that's a decent buy since the parts would probably bring double that if parted out on eBay.

Personally,I wouldn't spend more then a hundo on it , unless I was buying it specifically to part out.

now get ready for sticker shock on the badge it'll probably cost as much as the bike

Yeah i know. Its 50 dollars for the badge. The white tires are also 50 and the teardrop 50. Lol 150 to complete it. I think i'm gona leave it as is for now and someday ill find one not so expensive. Hopefully.

correction- the whitewalls are $75, putting anything but reproduction Schwinn tires on a Schwinn unless the tire is not made such as with the case of several style tires for stingrays and run-a-bouts, is a sin. All my schwinns get new tires directly from Dan aka bicycle bones. It does get expensive but well worth it!

$65 phantom, $75 jaguar, $75 tiger, $90 fastback, $110 SR, $170 Krate, $100 stingray- total so far $685
The rest of my schwinns either are awaiting new tires when I get more funds and my 2 varsitys and traveler have kendas as tires are not made for them. I figure to replace the rest of the tires it will cost another $400 not including the ones I am going to leave with original tires

That is some beautiful bike by the way, it will look great when you finish it.

Last edited:
you gotta great deal, they would ask 400 for that bike around here, they arent getting it but they are asking it.

I got this 59 for 175 and that was a good deal.

Attachments

• presents 002.jpg
    presents 002.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 222
  • presents 001.jpg
    presents 001.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 247
correction- the whitewalls are $75, putting anything but reproduction Schwinn tires on a Schwinn unless the tire is not made such as with the case of several style tires for stingrays and run-a-bouts, is a sin. All my schwinns get new tires directly from Dan aka bicycle bones. It does get expensive but well worth it!

$65 phantom, $75 jaguar, $75 tiger, $90 fastback, $110 SR, $170 Krate, $100 stingray- total so far $685
The rest of my schwinns either are awaiting new tires when I get more funds and my 2 varsitys and traveler have kendas as tires are not made for them. I figure to replace the rest of the tires it will cost another $400 not including the ones I am going to leave with original tires

That is some beautiful bike by the way, it will look great when you finish it.

thank you I think it will look great too. Now that you mention it, i bought a newish schwinn the other day that I am about to sell. Im gona steal the tires!

You bought it right- I really dig the red. Congrats.

Thank you. I love the red too. Its 1 of the reasons i bought it. It goes with my car. This way the wife cant complain about me always rolling around mismatched.

you gotta great deal, they would ask 400 for that bike around here, they arent getting it but they are asking it.

I got this 59 for 175 and that was a good deal.

Well if we take into account that yours has the badge, a headlight, tires and maybe even the teardrop rear reflector it looks like you got a better deal!

Now I have a question for you guys. What rear reflector came stock with this bike? Mine came with a weird white doorstop looking thing. I dont know if its a piece of the original or if somebody just put it on there. Ill post a picture.

Back