When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weinmann brakes

-

cbudsbikes

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all, Can someone tell me what the correct front caliper model # would be on a 1965 corvette? thanks, bud

That would be a Corvette II. I would hit up Pantmaker, he is the only one that I know of that has a 3 Speed Corvette II, and it's minty fresh and original. There may have been a few cosmetic changes from the late 50's early 60's version caliper so I won't comment with a guess on the 65 parts.

Hey there GTs58, thanks for the reply. Yup, its a corvette II, 3spd, in coppertone, arguably the best color.The bike looks very original and great condition but i'm wondering about the schwinn script rear brake, and plain weinmann 1020 on the front. Pedal on, bud

Most of the (numerous) earlier ones I've looked at ran Weinmann's front & back, but '65 was rather late in the game- seems they'd match though, at any rate.

Ha! My Corvette II has the Script style brakes.
tmp_20150521_212845271360920.jpg

Thanks all for your help and info. Pantmaker, any chance you can see the model # on the back of the front caliper? Thanks again, Bud

No chance of a model or part number on the back. All there was is a stamping Brake Made In Switzerland By Weinmann. Not sure when they added the 1080 or 1020 markings which indicated the reach. If you find a middleweight caliper with the cursive Schwinn on one arm and Approved on the other, it should be period correct.

Back