When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer x-53,all original ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dale Alan

I live for the CABE
I have a chance to pick this up in a trade .I have never owned one so I am looking for a little help please.Everything but the wheels look original to me. The rear wheel may be original,front is very heavy duty with large spokes.The owner wants to part it out if I do not trade.I would like to get it and keep it whole to resell. Problem is the local market is not good so I may have to set on it for quite some time.Before I decide what to do I just wanted to get your thoughts on originality. Thanks for any help.

IMG_7641.jpg
IMG_7644.jpg
IMG_7650.jpg
IMG_7659.jpg
IMG_7660.jpg
IMG_7665.jpg
IMG_7666.jpg
IMG_7668.jpg
IMG_7678.JPG

Overall the bike appears to be original.
Obviously, the difficult parts to locate will be
the tank & headlight.

Even though it's rusted, it would be a shame to break it apart &
sell it for parts.

I used to own one as a kid & recently I found a complete original
(tires were not). I cleaned it up & kept it original.

This is a '53-'55 model. Both front and rear rims are incorrect. So are the pedals, grips and headbadge. I've never seen an X53 with the earlier headbadge like that (maybe a super early '53...??). The front fork appears to be bent. It's missing the headlight, tank, rear reflector and housing. Personally, I don't think it's worth much. It's pretty rough and it's missing quite a bit. It would cost a fortune to put this one back together.

Last edited:
Too much incorrect,too much missing,too rough a condition.You would have to get it almost free if you are going to resell it.

The early 53 model's absolutely did have that badge.....I've seen a few of them and I also own an early 53 with that badge...
early 1953 WF X-53 badge.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. I knew of the missing parts,but was unsure of cost and rarity of them.My main concern was originality. I am on the fence on this one.Your input is appreciated.It would seem a shame to part it out,on the other hand it will likely never be whole again.

Last edited:
Back