When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts for 60s Tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rhk

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi All - another silly question from a new guy. I am cleaning up a 67 tandem that was stored in a barn for decades. My goal is to turn it into a fun rider for the family as well as teach the kids a few things about bike mechanical components. The project is almost completed but we have had a couple of last minute setbacks. Both chains broke after about one revolution and I snapped the long headset bolt that threads into the plug expander. I'm not sure how the bolt snapped since I was using a short open end wrench and didn't torque it hard at all. Some of the bearings are also showing their age. Now the question. Can you guys recommend good sources for parts? I live in Long Beach CA and there are numerous bike shops in the area but they all deal in modern bikes. Are there still shops or internet sources for the older schwinn parts? Thanks!

2 words Swap Meet you can find lotsa good parts at swap meets. Also many Schwinn parts are interchangable. That bolt you can find on almost any vintage Schwinn, I swoop up lotsa rough girls bikes to get the parts.

Here is a pic of a Schwinn Twinn I picked up for a hundred bucks a couple weeks ago, the front handlebars and gooseneck were shot. I had spare parts for it and this is what it looks like now, road ready.

Attachments

• twinnn 001.jpg
    twinnn 001.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 86
  • twinnn 002.jpg
    twinnn 002.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 65
  • twinnn 003.jpg
    twinnn 003.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 63
A friend of mine is selling a 67 coppertone tandem for 135 bucks.shipping from Washington would be about 100 bucks.

Back