When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simplex Servi-Cycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
A family friend gave me this Saturday when I came to admire his simplex servi-cycle. He said that this would be a great start to me owning my own one day! Just need a motor, tanks, and some love.

648de01d9e41a83852a8482b3421b2ea-1.jpg

Here is his beautiful original. He's had it since he was 12.

602da8043c4be4dedf73da0bb2e74e2f-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet bike. Looks like yours is gonna take a while to put together from what I see it's the same or close to the date as the nice orig. I'm searching for just piston rings and it might be a long search.

That's what I've been trying to tell him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But he won't E-V-E-R listen to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sweet bike. Looks like yours is gonna take a while to put together from what I see it's the same or close to the date as the nice orig. I'm searching for just piston rings and it might be a long search.

I'm going to say that Double Nickel's is a bit later than yours Mark. probably early '50's. Note the curved lower front fender braces. Also, I believe the handlebars being plate mounted is a feature that began in '49. Your's are the earlier stem mount. The serial number for Double Nickel's should be located inside the choke knob section between the fork and frame. To pinpoint year of manufacture, register with www.simplex.com Being an earlier bike, I don't think that yours would have had a stamped serial number on the frame Mark. But, don't listen to me, what do I know.:)

Last edited:
I have to agree with you this time.There is very little you know about but it sounds like you do know about this subject.

Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... I will.... Yes Dave I listened......I'm registered on simplex servi site. they have all the info to help date it. And yes his later about the same year as the original one. Mine is a 1945 GA-1 but you knew that already.... :0

Last edited:
Back