When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s shelby

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dmk441

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A friend picked this one up for me at memory lane. I'm trying to determine what is all correct on it, fenders, handlebars. wheels, etc... I have been told the front fender light is for a prewar rollfast. If anyone has any insight or parts for this bike, just let me know. send a pm. Also, Perhaps someone has an ad that would help pin point the year as well as possible options, tank, fender light, etc.

Thanks!
Dave

Attachments

• DSCN1001.jpg
    DSCN1001.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN1000.jpg
    DSCN1000.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCN0999.jpg
    DSCN0999.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCN0998.jpg
    DSCN0998.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN0997.jpg
    DSCN0997.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 375
Ok. Well, first off, being Dr. Shelby, i want this bike. Your rack, seat, guard, and headlight are incorrect. So do me a favor and sell the rest to me. Pm me if you're interested.

The bike is a pre-1939 according to the fork.

Well, the truss rods say 1937, yet the chainring says 1939...... btw, i want this bike....

Front fender has one flat brace, one postwar embossed brace. The flat brace is correct being a 1937-39. Rear fender had a delta defender taillight which appears to be hanging from the top tube.....

That was my old bike. Hope to see it on the road again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd put it at a 37. Headlight, Chain guard, rack and seat not so. Rear light is ok. This model is shown in John Polizzi's Shelby book Pages 51/52 and list it as either a model ae 750 or a 705. Both pic show it with the same chainring. Nice find....Id be happy to have it.
Tom

Nice bike. Could also be a 1936 model, chainring was available then too. The AE 750 had the electrical equipment, taillight and headlight. The headlight was probably a Delta horn lite but could've been a silver ray. Can't find the catalog view of this model with a tank, swear I've seen one. Pretty sure there was a single bar with a tank on here awhile ago. In my opinion I wouldn't add the tank (unless you know for sure it had one that someone removed) as the single bar is what's unique to this bike. With a tank it looks like all the double bars out there. It's cool as a single bar.

Curious about the front fork. Are the ends slotted for hub removal or are they the holes requiring the fork to be spread to remove the hub? I've had 36 Shelby's that had that style fork. I think by 37 they were slotted (open ended).

Back