When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar hawthorne?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ramjet70

Look Ma, No Hands!
picked this up for $50. wards hawthorne. any idea on the year. i haven't wrote down the serial numbers yet. seems to be original except mismatched wheels. any ideas? thanks!
hawthorne side view.jpg
hawthorne sprocket.jpg
hawthorne fork.jpg
hawthorne frame gusset.jpg
hawthorne seat tube.jpg
hawthorne rear wheel.jpg

I'm curious to get a serial here. That particular fork was only used very briefly before WWII and shortly after. The serial will help distinguish between the two. I'm thinking you'll have a serial starting with a J, K or somewhere in the E, F range.

I got basically the same fork and a complete set of curved fenders and braces my bike serial number is C06336.

I got basically the same fork and a complete set of curved fenders and braces my bike serial number is C06336.

Basically the same fork was used for many years by CWC, but this one has small shoulders at the crown, versus the standard flat-forged blade fork. Serials were repeated a few times in a couple year span, so it's impossible to determine anything without pictures.

With the bike in question here, I'm leaning towards late prewar. Very early postwar bikes all had blackout hubs, but with one wheel definitely being replaced here, it's possible the other was as well, so it's not a sure thing without the serial.

No Cw I have been over that bottom bracket a lot if ya want to see how I got it search Junk??? go to and a thread was started by Croprisk.

Back