When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To profit or not to profit.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyberpaull

Finally riding a big boys bike
Thanks to all of you that restore all the old Schwinns that will never show a profit, but for the love of the bikes. We would never have so many great bikes out there. We are just caretakers of these bikes for a short time. Thanks Paul

1962%20Schwinn%20Jaguar%20Mark%20IV.jpg

1960%20SCHWINN%20PANTHER%20III.jpg

Beautiful bikes.
Been a long time since I made a profit on any bike I've sold.I'm happy to break even if I know the bike is going to a new,happy home.

Thats what a real collector is about.Those that think they will make a living from a hobby need to get a real career .

I would think those that are real collectors or should I say successful collectors buy & sell bikes to be able to purchase the bikes that are needed for their collections. Always up grading.

I even gave a few bikes away to people in need who can really appreicate and promote riding vintage bicycles. By doing this I feel like I've accomplished something. Spreading the love sort of speak. Rob.

I love my bikes, but since I have been in High school and now to pay for college I buy, sell and repair bikes. I am not ashamed to say this but 99% of the time I always make a profit on what I sell. I do not think there is anything wrong with making a profit except if that profit comes at the expense of parting an original bike just because more money can be made. I provide a valuable service to my community as I have been to almost every bike shop in a 10 mile radius and every single one is overpriced and most lie to make a quick buck (I have spoken to others who have gone to these shops and they agree). I am straight with everyone I deal with and charge affordable prices almost always lower than a shop. My bikes are almost always priced below value so the locals can afford a great bike at a great price but I can still profit. I will get a real job as soon as I graduate but even after I will keep doing this as I get a thrill every time I buy and sell something

[QUOTE=sfhschwinn;I provide a valuable service to my community as I have been to almost every bike shop in a 10 mile radius and every single one is overpriced and most lie to make a quick buck (I have spoken to others who have gone to these shops and they agree).

I am not arguing that a person can repair a bike cheaper than a bike shop but if you ever ran a business there is store rental,electricity,heat,payroll,insurance,zoning conditions,etc. That doesnt make their rates as ripoffs.It means they have many more costs than just playing in a garage.

I even gave a few bikes away to people in need who can really appreicate and promote riding vintage bicycles. By doing this I feel like I've accomplished something. Spreading the love sort of speak. Rob.
I've done likewise; After all, passing something along, is, in the end, all it's really about, anyway.

Back