When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Badge Screw Stuff

-

hoofhearted

Saint Lactose The Tolerant
Got up real early this A.M. just to keep up with
those pesky things that task me on a regular basis.

Look, lets pause right here and get right to the fone
call.

Yeah, it came early .. Neil Bailey ... wants to know if
i've ever had issues placing a tiny badge-screw into
it's proper, threaded orifice .. while nervously-trying
to avoid dropping the little twister.

Before I could say phillips or blade ? ..... Neil says,
"Get A Stiff Piece of Paper --(used envelope ?) ....
Poke A Little Hole In The Paper ('bout a quarter-inch
from an edge) ..... Push The Threaded Part of The
Screw Into The Hole In The Stiff Paper .....

The Stiff-Paper Can Now Be Used As A Handle - As You
Finesse the Threads Near And Into The Screw Hole.

Use an Appropriate Screwdriver to Drive the Screw
Almost to It's Final, Seated Position -- And Just As
You Are About to Apply the Last Twist to The Driver --

STOP ..... now yank that stiff-paper Vise-Grip AWAY
from the threads .. and drive that li'l twister home.

Don't thank me ... thank Neil ....

........ patric

1 chicken .. smoking boy.jpg

1 chicken .. smoking boy.jpg

Or stick an iold hard drive magnet on the screwdriver shaft and the screw will stick. I like the paper method, though.

I always just grab a screw driver that I think will be small enough to do the job and start putting it in. I pay no attention that the bike is parked in a particularly cluttered part of the garage and the floor is a mess.
Since most of the bikes I own are older and have truss rods or springer forks I realize it would have been better to put the headbadge on before I installed the fork, but no problem cause this is simple and besides I am in a hurry. Same procedure if its a rivet, only I use a very small needle nose pliers I have, but cant find so I will attempt to hold the rivet with my fingers. ....... One quick hit...DING!... the rivet goes flying off never to be seen again. Or in the case of the screw it drops on the floor and I am on my hands and knees with my big magnet picking up everything but the badge screw.... Gee hoofhearted, let me read your way again.:)

Back