When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

product review

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
Got this stuff called Brass Darkening Solution. it's designed to darken brass parts on furniture etc.
I was turned onto this stuff by a friend who said it worked on basically any metal.
I bought this small bottle on ebay for around $5.00

P5312196_zpsly7f1ie7-1.jpg

I thought since I was going to use it anyway I would give a demonstration.

when they were on the Super Streamline I had to remove the fender braces. now that they're going on the Flying Ace I had to re-install them. they were held on by screws when I got them and I decided to go with a more stock rivet look. but once installed the rivets stood out like sore thumbs.

P5312188_zpswxjaxyhp-1.jpg

I applied a small amount with a Q-Tip. here's one done.

P5312189_zpsisxvvkrt-1.jpg

P5312190_zpssniqggwv-1.jpg

here's the Q-tip. :p

P5312191_zpsmqj8aics-1.jpg

and all done. it took less than a minute to two, the stuff turns color almost immediately. it's an acid, so use common sense when using it.

P5312192_zpswnrvfhhd-1.jpg

P5312193_zpsqhelc5w7-1.jpg

all four

P5312194_zps5xcpeocv-1.jpg

Got this stuff called Brass Darkening Solution. it's designed to darken brass parts on furniture etc.
I was turned onto this stuff by a friend who said it worked on basically any metal.
I bought this small bottle on ebay for around $5.00

P5312196_zpsly7f1ie7-1.jpg

I thought since I was going to use it anyway I would give a demonstration.

when they were on the Super Streamline I had to remove the fender braces. now that they're going on the Flying Ace I had to re-install them. they were held on by screws when I got them and I decided to go with a more stock rivet look. but once installed the rivets stood out like sore thumbs.

P5312188_zpswxjaxyhp-1.jpg

I applied a small amount with a Q-Tip. here's one done.

P5312189_zpsisxvvkrt-1.jpg

P5312190_zpssniqggwv-1.jpg

here's the Q-tip. [emoji14]

P5312191_zpsmqj8aics-1.jpg

and all done. it took less than a minute to two, the stuff turns color almost immediately. it's an acid, so use common sense when using it.

P5312192_zpswnrvfhhd-1.jpg

P5312193_zpsqhelc5w7-1.jpg

all four

P5312194_zps5xcpeocv-1.jpg
Nice to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

thought that stuff looked familiar. thats exactly what I used it for. turns the fresh solder joints and the new lead came black so the lead is uniform looking.

Back