When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can some folks post some "distressed" paint re-creations...

-
Distresto no gusto

That's one band wagon I don't dig at all. The whole "distressed bicycle" restoration. I do get painting that one missing part and adding it to complete the bike.......but taking the time to restore a bike to look old is pointless. There's tons of originals out there. It's one of those deals where ...as with the 'well made/hard to tell' repop stuff.....down the road? People WILL get burned, and I realize that most of the time ....out of the gate that is not the intention. But bikes change hands, lines get blurred and eventually a totally lame scene with someone believing something is UNrestored. To reiterate, I DO get the partial resto of, say a tank that was missing, then another located, and painted to match....or a seat so far gone that a shiny restored one would look out of place. But the effort to "forge" a bike to look untouched to me is just another can of worms waiting to pop open down the road. My 2 cents on distresto bikes.

Here's one:

02252015_022sm-1.jpg

02252015_066sm-1.jpg

03152015_033sm-1.jpg

03152015_054sm-1.jpg

02252015_165sm-1.jpg

02252015_093sm-1.jpg

yea, I'm speaking of making an individual part to match the rest. I agree on the other...

I painted a repop tank for this bike. It was a tough match as the original paint had patinad to so many different shades of blue/teal, etc. I know it isn't perfect but it's good enough for me.
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg

Tank re-popped & painted. Guard had a little "work done" also.

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 211
Back