When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get rid of those pesky reflective strips!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Anyone else out there not too keen on the Schwalbe reflective strips on their Fat Franks & various 700c tires? Thanks to a link rustjunkie(Scott) sent me, there is an easy & painless way to rid yourself of this distraction. I still need to finish removing the residual silver, but the bulk of it is gone in just a few seconds:cool:

Just find where the reflective strip overlaps & carefully peel away...
20150612_183507_zpsaonmexcd-1.jpg

20150612_183520_zpsx5etkick-1.jpg

20150612_183528_zpsfvnba85c-1.jpg

20150612_183613_zpspvqkxbx7-1.jpg

Wrapping up the build of my '39 Rollfast.....just mounted a set of cream Fat Franks with that strip ....will have to give this a try!

Worked on the Linus tires on my Iver. Not sure what to use on the residue, but it looks better even with just the strip gone.

I always get rid of those strips,sometimes they just start on their own . I can't remember exactly what was best for the residue. Seems I had the best luck with John Deere ultraguard for rubber.

I actually like the reflective bands- less obtrusive than the lettering, and just might light you up if you are riding at night. It's a modern world, so why try to ride with a candle lantern?

I do not like the strip on my black fat franks, so I order them without the strip. I do not mind them on my crème FF's.

Regards, Steve

I actually like the reflective bands- less obtrusive than the lettering, and just might light you up if you are riding at night. It's a modern world, so why try to ride with a candle lantern?

If some people had it their way, we would be stuck in 1948. Nearly all of my great aunts and uncles died of cancers caused by their environment. We know better now. Medical care has improved. Cars are safer, more reliable, and more powerful. Sure they aren't easy to work on or stylish most of the time but it's a small price to pay to keep your head from flying through the windshield or the steering wheel jamming through your chest.

Asbestos is no longer used. People with mental disease and disorder are recognized and treated. We no longer have segregation.

Bikes are faster, lighter, go father, and safer with brighter lights and helmets.

As much as we all wax nostalgia, it wasn't all prefect back then.

Back