When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Whats Your favorite hand tool or device in your work area or shop?
001.JPG

For my bikes it has to be my Parks work stand.Would never want to work on bikes without it again.

For my bikes it has to be my Parks work stand.Would never want to work on bikes without it again.
Ditto...can't work without it.
Then there is my brass wheel on my bench grinder.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

A good, USA-made Craftsman socket set is a huge plus. Combine it with a really well-made adjustable wrench for oddball sizes, and you have a must-have set of tools there.

These are a must have. Ratcheting wrenches from Sears and anti seize for all those precious nuts ;)

Attachments

• Craftsman-Ratcheting-Elbow-Wrench-Set.jpg
    Craftsman-Ratcheting-Elbow-Wrench-Set.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
My favorite has to be the die for fork threads.Last week I cut down a girl's Shelby springer to make into a boys. Also bought a boys rollfast last week and for some reason when I took the springer fork off the fork threads were bad. really hard to get the nut off the fork.
This die easily cuts new threads and repairs bad ones.
Pictured is one of my favorite springers built by Murray.The one that pliers is pointing to has about 5 threads that for whatever reason are messed up. One pass with the die and it's fixed.I had a J.C. Higgins fork that was smashed almost to an oval on the threaded end.After pounding it back round the best I could, I re threaded it and it was fine. Good tool to have:)
001.JPG
View attachment 224868

001.JPG

Back