When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 Schwinn Jaguar Mark IV

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
Just got this Saturday. It looked better in the pictures the guy sent me, but you'll have that. Trying to decide what all I want to do with it. I thought about putting some new tires on it. (Will 26x1.75 absolutely NOT fit?) The horn is gone and everything needs cleaning and greasing. The front rack is bent and the rear one is quite rusty. The two speed does appear to work, but everything seems quite sluggish.
GREEN1.jpg
GREEN2.jpg
GREEN3.jpg
GREEN4.jpg

I don't know what you paid, but I would save that bike based on the parts you have. The correct Schwinn Westwind tires are avilable in reproduction. Some elbow grease, a little service, and a few parts and you'll have a nice rider. I like it.

I had a restored 1966 Murray Jet Fire that I traded him. Ever had to get into one of the 2 speed hubs? This one needs serviced. Not sure if I want to open it up or just try to force some oil in it and make it work smoother. It does work, but seems sluggish.

I had a restored 1966 Murray Jet Fire that I traded him. Ever had to get into one of the 2 speed hubs? This one needs serviced. Not sure if I want to open it up or just try to force some oil in it and make it work smoother. It does work, but seems sluggish.

I would start with properly routing and clamping the shifter cable first. After cleaning and lubing it.

I would be interested in seeing the proper routing. Any pictures? I'm not completely new to this sort of shifting as I have Sturmey Archer three speeds.

Yep! That's exactly how I set mine up after I took those pictures. It appears that the cable goes to the left (non-drive side) of the seat post tube. Is that correct?

Back