When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn New World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
I also picked up this one. How do you date these? I know the fenders aren't right, the wheel set is incorrect and the top tube is damaged, but it's a neat looking bike.
NW1.jpg
NW2.jpg
NW3.jpg

Anyone? I'll probably need better photos. The serial number under the Bottom Bracket is: V70556.

New world was introduced in 39 stopped after 40 or 41 if the serial number don't match the schwinn serial numbers chart that would be the time frame.

Last edited:
Cool bike. Some old bike shops still have the Park Tool HTS-1 and aren't afraid to use it, this frame would be a good one try it on.

parkframestraightener1-1.jpg

BTW: I'd like to buy one ;)

Here are a couple more photos. The blurry one is of the kickstand. I understand that these are two things that are used in running down the year. Maybe they will help further. Thanks!
BENT1.jpg
BENT2.jpg

It looks like the fork may be bent too, right at the steerer tube and crown junction.

Post war bike. Go off the features for the era. Sometimes the serial is helpful, often not.

The frame and fork are steel and can be fixed but it will not be a small job to do it right. Significant project there.

Chain guard, kickstand and seat clamp all are in agreement that it's post war. I've seen several with bent forks of late. My personal (recent) experience in the value of New Worlds as a good riding condition example sells between $150 - $400, at least in my local market. Something to consider before going too deep in to the project. I have two prewar New Worlds stashed away for reconditioning soon; one is a BF Goodrich re-branded bike . The New Worlds are pretty nice bikes. It seems they are an overlooked segment in the collectors circles.

Can that be straightened out or does it make a better parts bike? :(

Straightening the forks is not a big deal, as long as it is the blades that are bent. However, a bent steerer tube is a completely different matter. When there is a bend in the steerer tube, it typically occurs just above the crown race, in which case the top, adjustable cup (or cone, depending on the design) is no longer on axis and parallel to the crown race, meaning that one of them will will be out of alignment with the frame mounted races. This will cause abnormal and accelerated headset wear. How big a deal this is will depend on how well the steerer tube can be straightened, how much you plan on riding the bicycle and how much abnormal wear you can tolerate. Straightening a bent steerer tube is a time consuming operation and you rarely get it as good as new. The preferred option for most riders is a replacement fork or steerer tube.

Back